The following Constitution was adopted by Hope for Belper at its annual general meeting on 19 January 2010.
Hope for Belper – a local voluntary non-profit community based organisation which was originally set up under the national Hope 08 banner.
2. THE PURPOSES OF THE GROUP
• To enable local Christians in partnership with others to take an active role in facilitating, organising and providing community initiatives, responding to local needs.
• To encourage church congregations across the town to work more closely together in serving the local community.
3. THE STEERING GROUP
The group shall be managed by a steering group who recommit to carrying forward the strategic role of the group at a yearly review. Whilst the Chair, Secretary and Treasurer positions will be voted upon each year, anyone wishing to take an active part on the steering group can be accepted on to the group at any point during the year, by majority agreement of the current members.
4. CARRYING OUT THE PURPOSES
In order to carry out the purposes, the steering group will:
(1) prayerfully consider the strategic direction of the group
(2) raise funds, receive grants and donations
(3) designate funds to carry out the work of the group
(4) co-operate with and support local partners with similar purposes
(5) do anything which is lawful and necessary to achieve the purposes